You know that fresh, clean smell in the air after it rains? That’s ozone, a powerful molecule that gets pulled from the atmosphere by electricity during a thunderstorm.
Ozone therapy refers to the process of administering ozone gas into your body to treat a disease or wound. Ozone is a colorless gas made up of three atoms of oxygen (O3). It can be used to treat medical conditions by stimulating the immune system. It can also be used to disinfect and treat disease.
It’s one of the best ways to upgrade your mitochondria — the power generators in your cells — so they produce more energy, especially in your brain.
How it works
Ozone therapy works by disrupting unhealthy processes in the body. It can help stop the growth of bacteria that are harmful. For example, if you have an infection in your body, ozone therapy could stop it from spreading. Research has shown ozone therapy to be effective at treating infections from:
Ozone therapy also helps flush out infected cells. Once the body rids itself of these infected cells, it produces new, healthy ones.
Ozone therapy benefits
Ozone therapy affects a lot of different systems in your body, depending on how you get the ozone. Here are some of the benefits of ozone therapy:
- Energy production. Low doses of ozone gently stress your mitochondria, making them stronger and more efficient at producing energy.
- Brain function. Ozone can cross the blood-brain barrier and reach your brain, which has a huge concentration of mitochondria. That could explain why ozone therapy helps people recover brain function after a stroke. Ozone therapy also increases blood flow to your brain, which will further boost your mitochondria.
- Decreased inflammation. It seems strange that flooding your body with free radicals decreases inflammation, but it’s true. The key is getting the right dose. Low levels of ozone stress your cells just enough to make them stronger; they produce glutathione and superoxide dismutase, two of the strongest antioxidants in the human body. Low-level ozone also activates heat shock proteins, the same anti-inflammatory proteins that turn on when you use a sauna .
- Faster wound healing. Ozone speeds up wound healing, and is especially useful for chronic or treatment-resistant wounds.
- Anti-mold, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiparasitic effects. Ozone treatment started out as a way to sterilize drinking water. Researchers quickly realized that it also treats bacterial infections, even when bacteria are resistant to antibiotics, and kills parasites. Ozone completely removes toxic mold and mycotoxins as well.
- Strong teeth and gums. The combination of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits makes ozone a powerful way to upgrade your teeth and gums. A lot of forward-thinking dentists offer ozone therapy.
Ozone Therapy works great by itself only, but you can combine it with other procedures for a stronger effect (PRP and cellular therapy)
Methods Of Administration:
- Major Auto-Hemotherapy (MAH): intravenous ozone
- High Doze Ozone Therapy (10-pass)
- Minor Auto-Hemotherapy (mAH): intramuscular ozone injections
- Prolozone: intraarticular ozone injections
- Ozone insufflation treatments
- Topical ozone treatments
Ozone Therapy is useful in a great amount of disorders:
- JOINT PAIN (Knees, Lower back, Hip, Shoulder, Elbow, Neck)
- INFLAMMATORY CONDITIONS (Arthritis, Bursitis, Nephritis, Cholecystitis, Pancreatitis, Proctitis, Cystitis)
- AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES (Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Raynaud’s Disease, Scleroderma, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- VIRAL INFECTIONS (HIV, Hepatitis, Influenza, Herpes simplex/zoster, Mononucleosis, Measles Infections, Viral Pneumonia, Lyme Disease)
- BACTERIAL INFECTIONS (Pneumonia, Wound Infections, Septicemia (staph, strep, pneumococcus), Peritonitis, Recurrent skin infections (furunculosis), E-coli, Necrotizing infections)
- CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES (Heart conditions, Peripheral vascular disease, Gangrene, Vascular headaches, Deep Vein, Thrombosis, Claudication, Diabetic Ulcers, Thrombophlebitis)
- EYE DISEASES (Retinitis Pigmentosa, Primary Glaucoma, Optic Nervy Dysfunction, Keratitis, Macular Degeneration, Iritis, Uveitis,)
- SKIN DISORDERS (Psoriasis, Non-healing wounds, Severe Acne, Recurrent skin infections, Eczema)
- RESPIRATORY DISEASES (COPD, Asthma, Emphysema, Sinusitis, Bronchitis, Tuberculosis)
- HEAVY METAL POISONING (Pb, Al, As, Hg)
- OTHERS CONDITIONS (Inactivation of Toxins, Fungal/Yeast Infection, Cirrhosis, Tetanus, Chronic Fatigue, Autism)
Ozone Therapy Pre-Procedure Guidelines
- Hydration is important. Please increase water intake and eat beforehand
- Please notify your physician if you’ve had difficulty with past blood draws
- Ozone Therapy will not impair your ability to drive, work or complete regular daily tasks
- Please review recommended resources to enhance your knowledge of medical ozone*
- Notify your physician of drug allergies and medication changes